Friday, July 24, 2015

Feline Friday - Remembering Bagheera and Changes

Yesterday was one year since Bagheera died peacefully in his sleep.

He was the first pet the Man and I had, and we shared just over 19 years together. He was a grumpy but loving boy, who truly thought he was a panther.  He knew what he liked and didn't and wasn't afraid to tell everyone.  As I mentioned last week, I still see him around the house in shadows. I am not surprised he is the one who haunts me as we had a special relationship.

It has now been just over 3 weeks that our house has not had a cat. There have been a few changes in the house. First, it is the first time in about 15 years that there has not been a gate that needed to be moved to get into the laundry room. The laundry room has served as a litter room too. To keep those pesky pups out of it, it has been gated. I must admit this is a change I like as I am not having to put the basket down to fiddle with it.

Secondly, I am now use glass cups and not plastic ones far more often. When I am at home I usually have a glass of water on the go. For years I shared this water with 2 cats. They would jump up and put their heads in. Because my water got knocked over often enough, I switched to plastic, so at least I wouldn't be dealing with glass and spilt water. Now there is none to share with, so glass it is. While I really prefer drinking out of glass, I do miss sharing.


Bagheera - Taken on his 17th birthday

____________________________________
Tomorrow will be Lady's birthday adventure part 5 - all about fire. While you are all reading that, we will be jammed into the car heading to visit Grammie and the Big Guy and Tendra and Barley for a few days at the lake. Last year, Lady and Phod went alone. This year, all 4 of us are going. We are sure we will have some great adventures! 

15 comments:

  1. we do tend to adapt out lives to suit our pets :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to put my tongue in every glass too and therefore my momma switched to plastic cups and from die-t soda to water, that's only wet and will not stick lol. I wish you a super lake-time and a great weekend together :o)
    easy rider

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    yes it is interesting to find that there are certain things which fall back into place when a pet leaves. Have a safe journey all - we look forward to reading reports! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great time, travel safely
    The peeps here haf to share their drinks wiv me (when they're not looking that is) That's how I developed my puppicino addiction! Butt, to be honest, whatever they're drinking I do like to sample if they don't watch me carefully!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. All for the love of paws. That's what we do.
    Will miss our ol Frankie de tabby when the time comes too, but hopefully at twenty he can keep going for a bit longer yet...
    Luvs, Freya Rose Blossom X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our dad shares a small drink of his sweet tea wif us, mom has a fit. Mom and Dad still talk about seeing Dietzy in sprits of time around our house also...we miss him. We know how much you loved both your kitties...have a nice trip.
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK, you do not have to put up that gate and then you do not have to worry about the little box. Phod said he would handle it just fine for you!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw sweet angel kitty xoxoxox I bet there are so many great memories there!
    Have a fun few days at the lake!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What nice kitty memories......
    Have a wonderful adventure!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  10. so many of the things we did to keep Greta out of mischief, we have not needed for Mabel. But there have been a few times lately I think Greta has been whispering in Mabels ear.
    Enjoy your trip.
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  11. We know you miss the cats, even if the changes are convenient.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A house without a cat is difficult. I am not sure I could.
    Nellie's Mom

    ReplyDelete
  13. Purrs to you as you remember Bagheera today.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's tough when we kind of don't miss some things about our cats. When our elderly cat Conrad passed recently, I kind of felt guilty for being relieved that I didn't have to clean up accidents every day.
    We don't plan to get any more cats, we are down to one now, but I often wonder how long we would actually last without one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!