Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Dear Santa - by Hailey

Dear Santa,

I would like to start this letter by looking at the definitions of naughty and nice.

According to dictionary.com naught means disobedient and mischievous. Disobedient means refusing to obey. I never refuse to obey, rather I obey in my own time. I am always going to do what the Lady and Man want, just not always on their schedule. Also, there are times I really don't hear them or understand what they are saying. I can't help it if they are not loud enough or don't speak my language. We won't talk about mischievous as I just don't think it applies (please don't go and look that up). I think if you want to see some naughty dogs, you should go to dog shaming. Those are naughty dogs.

Now on to nice. Here are some of the things it means: pleasing, agreeable, delightful, amiably, pleasant and kind. I think these are the words that really describe me. Look at how many people enjoy my blog and adventures every day. Clearly I am a pleasing delight. I am kind as I am nice to my cats and Phody and I share the blog with them. I make my people smile all the time. And sometimes the things I do are really to be kind to them. For example, I recently chewed the camera to try and get the Lady a new one. What is more kind and thoughtful than that.

Now that we have agreed that I am on the nice list this is what I would like:
Belly rubs
To always win Queen of the bed
Lots of treats
Lots of puzzles
Lots of walks
More treats
More belly rubs
Not to have to share the bed (I don't like to be touched when sleeping)
More patience for my Lady (she tries but sometimes she needs more)

I also hope you can help all those dogs who don't have homes find great ones. I was on death row once, and I know this is very scary.

Thank you Santa, you are the best.

Love your Hailey Girl


________
Card count:
Us: 35
Them 2.
All of us 2

25 comments:

  1. And the last thing is more belly rubs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good list to us and you can never have enough treats we say. Have a terrific Tuesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. one can never have too many treats and belly rubs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you should get your Christmas list wishes, Hailey. You are a good girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hailey you certainly deserve each and everything you have asked for! Santa should also appreciate all the trouble you went to define naughty and nice for him. Gussie has no faith in his Santy Claus anymore so maybe if he sees that you get each and everything on the list then his faith will be restored.
    Stella Rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. WooHoo great card count!! We four leggers are keeping the postal service in business.
    As for naughty and nice you two are always nice
    Hugs Madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would you like to add even more belly rubs to that list?

    ReplyDelete
  8. We think you will get everything on your list!!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    Pee Ess - Stop by our POTP page, we have had to add Molly's Pippen to it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a very reasonable list to me, hope you get everything on it

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well Hailey it pays to check into the true meaning of naughty and nice this time of year. Very few of us are really NAUGHTY....we have moments of losing control but that's not necessarily NAUGHTY right? One thing we all have in common - we want homeless animals to find a home....and that would be VERY VERY NICE!

    Kitty hugs and I hope you get everything on your list!
    Sammy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hailey we TRULY think that you stated your case fur being GOOD and NICE ..quite well. Excellent Points.. such as the one about trying to get HER a new Flashy Beast. THAT was SO thoughtful of you.
    We are SURE that Santa Paws WILL bring each and every one of those thingys fur you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We want some warmer weather please!

    hugs
    Bailey, Hazel & Greta

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a well thought out letter, how could Santa not understand and not want to bring you everything on your list--He just has too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. First of all, we ALWAYS work to our own schedule, so that isn't naughty. AND your nice certainly outweighs that!

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know naughty does not exist around here or there.
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  16. We don't know about all them belly rubs, don't over load Santa, lets go for more treats!

    The Mad Scots

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is a great list. Maybe if you don't already have a king sized bed you could ask for one of those. There is lots of room on our bed even when all four of us are in it.

    Millie & Walter

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lee, that's a great list and I know that you are on the nice list so no worries.

    Aroo to you,
    Sully

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's a pretty solid Christmas wishlist. I think you deserve to be on the nice list for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Brilliant, you are definitely on the nice list!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think you're definitely "nice" Hailey!!! I hope that all your wishes come true.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Darling Hailey, You will *always* be Queen of the Bed!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I hope all your Christmas wishes come true!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi hi hi! Ojo here!

    Lee, you are very clever, I like how you think! I also understand that you are now the defender of Dogs who have done mischief. I think I may need your help. How was I supposed to know that the magnets on the fridge were not for eating? I am sure you will be clever enough to explain to Santa (and my people) how this was a simple misunderstanding. Right?

    I'm sure Santa will bring you everything you desire! (Except maybe the belly rubs. Do you really want belly rubs from a scary stranger with a beard and weird hat? I didn't think so. I bet you'll get lots of those from your people instead!)

    Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!