Thursday, October 24, 2013

Training Thursday - Review of Busy Buddy Tug-A-Jug

Hailey swinging her jug
One of the puzzle toys I purchases for Lee was Busy Buddy's Tug-A-Jug. Originally, like all the new puzzle toys, Lee was a little nervous of it, but quickly this became her favourite new toy.

Pros:
-It can hold a lot of food, so if you wanted to use this to replace dish feeding, it would hold a lot.

-So far it has been very durable (mind you, neither of my dogs really throw it around)

-It is easy to fill (the bottom screws off).

-It was fairly easy for Lee to figure out (so if you have a dog new to puzzles, it may be a good place to start)

-Although easy, it only gives a treat or two at a time if the dog is just pulling the rope, so it takes some time to get all the food out.

-The rope makes it easy for Hailey to carry it around

-Hailey loves it!

Cons:

-It is made of plastic, so it is very loud when being played with on our ceramic or laminate floors (thankfully Hailey likes to take it to one of her beds)

-Hailey figured out she could bunch her one bed up and have the cookies pour out, so I have to make sure she doesn't have access to that bed (For some dogs it may be too easy)

-It is a pain to clean. The plastic is ok to clean, but the rope is hard to clean and takes forever to dry (several days) - which means you can't use it for several days. We had one incident when we had company and after Lee had little puzzle time, I put it up, without opening it or checking it. When I went to get it a few days later, due to her saliva and the couple treats left inside, it was growing mouldy and was very gross. [While I admit this was my fault, it is something to keep in mind]



Given the issues with keeping it clean, I give it  3 out of 4 paws.




Note: The opinions expressed in this post are mine. I independently purchased this toy and am sharing my thoughts about it. The company doesn't know I am doing this.

15 comments:

  1. It sound like an interesting toy....I don't thing I gave seen it before

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lee is so smart! Bunch up the bed and the treats pour out. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are off this weekend to buy something for ancient Pip. She gets bored in the afternoons and we want to find her something to do as she is not up too going on long walks. Thanks for all the ideas. Have a tremendous Thursday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dumping them out in her bed..lol........we like that big bed!
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a great treat toy to play with. We just use plastic water bottles since we're little one's.

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  6. THAT is a super TIP about making Sure to keep it Empty and DRY. It really sounds like FINE FOOD FUN.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never seen that one before. If I get one thanks for the tip on how to get lots of the treats out BOL!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  8. We haven't seen one of those before. We don't like to work for our treats....we think we just deserve them...and dinner.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  9. It really looks like a fun toy BUT that mold/damp problem would be a pain to keep on top of......good review - honesty is always the best policy..... ;) ;)

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  10. We haven't seen those before, I like the idea of it's big and holds a bucket full of food, Humom wouldn't though BOL xxooxxx

    Mollie and Alfie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lol. I think Nico would love one of those, even though he is a Ragdoll! Lol!

    Lee is a smart girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmmm doesn't really look like a toy that I've seen yet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We have one of these. Mom ordered the small size and it was bigger than she expected, she should have ordered the extra small. Yea once I figured out that getting it in the bed and tipping it would get most the treats out it doesn't take me long. But Mom still puts some in it now and then to give me something to do!
    hugs
    Greta
    Bailey & Hazel too

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a fun toy! I think I'd need something a bit more challenging though; when a toy is too easy for me I destroy it.
    Nola

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm to lazy to work for my treats. Mom loves Lee's coloring and her fur is always so shiny.

    Aroo to you,
    Sully

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!