Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Tired Girl - Day Camp Day 2

It was a big day for my little girl. Her day started with her walk with her walker Stephanie. This is part of our keeping routine as normal as possible. Then at 10 am she arrived at Day Camp.  When we arrived, she was so excited to go into the store she nearly pulled me over. I was glad to see she was happy to be there, I was afraid I might get some resistance! We got to the hotel part and she was a combination of scared and excited. She had her tail tucked up between her legs, but her bum was wiggling like she was wagging it, but she was also shaking. She went with no resistance (meaning they didn't have to drag her) to the back.

The Man picked her up around 4:30. He said she looked slightly put out standing in the room with the others. The staff said she was just tired. As you will see in her report card, she actually played with other dogs. She clearly prefers the boys, but whatever. She also napped and did use the pee post. Very good signs that she can relax enough to do this.

After day camp, she came home for a quick dinner before heading to Conroy Pit. We had a showing between 5:30-6:30 and since it was a beautiful day, the Man took her there.

I must admit, it was nice to know she was so tired because the Man went out with friends and I didn't get home from work until 9 pm. I usually hate to have her alone in the evening, but I think after such a big day, she probably just slept.

Her Aunt C invited her to her house tomorrow, but given how she seems to be enjoying day camp, and how she isn't the easiest pup to have over when you don't have a fenced backyard, I think for now she will just go to camp.  I don't think I am ready for overnight boarding yet, but I can handle day camp for a few more weeks until we move.

2 comments:

  1. You are probably right after such a great day a great sleep followed.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I ask what they charge for doggy day camp?

    I actually have to go into the office for two weeks next month and feel awful about leaving the dogs alone (lol) for the first time in 3 years. I'm tempted to send them to camp every few days.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading and leaving us a comment. We love your comments!